From 4 September 2018 the Methodist Church of New Zealand Archives in Christchurch will be open for researchers after 7 years of restricted availability after the Christchurch earthquakes.
Our new purpose-built, environmentally controlled building Kei Muri Māpara, is located at the back of the Methodist Church Administration Division office at 50 Langdons Road.
Archivist, Methodist Church of New Zealand Archives
54 Langdons Road, Christchurch 8053, New Zealand
PO Box 931, Christchurch 8140, New Zealand
Telephone: (03) 366 6049
- Tuesday and Thursday 1 pm-4 pm or by appointment.
- Closed weekends and public holidays, including Easter Tuesday.
- Christmas—New Year from 13 December 2018-reopening 8 January 2019.
Note that if the Archivist away, because this is a sole-charge repository, there is no one else to open it for researchers.
No charge for access during office working hours, but charges for purchasing copies or for the Archives staff undertaking research on your behalf.
For more details of charges, please see Research fees and charges
- While our street address is 54 Langdons Road, we are accessed through the carpark off an un-named lane on Langdons Road between numbers 50 and 58.
- Visitor parking beside Archives building Kei Muri Māpara.
- Inclusive dates of collection are 1817—present day.
- Finding aids: Inventories of the Archives Collection are available on the Methodist Church website: http://www.methodist.org.nz/archives/archives_collection