Beca Heritage Week is an annual event, celebrating heritage and the built environment in Christchurch and Canterbury. In 2010 Heritage Week extends out to include Waimakariri and Selwyn districts.
The theme for 2010 is On the Horizon: rediscover the settlement of our City. This year’s theme highlights the encounters and discoveries that help shape Christchurch and Canterbury.
Cantage have put together this showcase of some of the material from our Canterbury collections.
Images from Canterbury collections
- First ascent of Aoraki from the Canterbury Museum
- Dr. A.C. Barker – Photographs from the Canterbury Museum
- Papanui from the Papanui Heritage Group
- Foundation of the University from Macmillan Brown Library
- St Margaret’s College, 1910 from the collection of St Margaret’s College
- Ell & the Summit Road from the collection of Christchurch City Libraries
- Wigram beginnings from the collection of the Air Force Museum of New Zealand
- Paintings and drawings of early Canterbury from the collection of the Christchurch Art Gallery
Use of images
Please contact individual contributors to this exhibition if you are interested in further images or more information. Please note any reproduction or use of these images should be cleared with the organisations contributing to this exhibition.